Wednesday 9 October 2013

Moose's Down Under - Lets get Quizical

Most Wednesdays, 7 p.m. I am in downtown Vancouver at the Moose's Down Under Bar and Grill doing their pub quiz. As you can guess by the name it is an Australian pub. I love the atmosphere there, it's run by a pair of Aussies, Chris and Corina (who you actually see and talk to). Each week there seems to be more and more people.  I put this down to every week there isn't a jackpot winner the pot raises another $50. Last week a team finally won and walked off with $500. Not bad for a night out. With mid round games you can also win shots or jugs for your table, so not everyone's a looser -- just most people.

Teams can only be a max of 6 people so most weeks we have a small rivalry between the girls and boys of our international pack. Theis's International band of misfits and vagabonds' (boys) vs 'Quizaroo' (girls). Unfortunately the vagabonds lose to quizaroo pretty consistently, and both are usually mid table. There are some pretty good names rocking around from the other teams, 'Quiz on my Face' and 'Stephen Hawkin's Football Boots' are among my favorites.

Moose also has a fantastic menu, and, of course, on the menu -- chicken wings. I have had them a few times there. Which must mean they're good, because other things on the menu are really good too -- especially the home made meat pies and gravy....
But back to the wings. You get a really good amount -- I love it when your plate is full and the wings are a good size. A few times I've ordered just the wings for dinner and it's filled me up. The hot sauce has a great tangy flavor and its baked in well. I would, however, maybe put a little more heat into it, although the taste makes up for it. They're definitely worth a try, along with the bar itself. Also I should mention that a jug of beer during the quiz is only $10 and their 'traditional' is pretty good.

Price $9.99
Rating 7.5/10

  

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for your comment, I'm really glad that you like the post and I hope that you'll enjoy my future ones just as much. Feel free to share, it's always nice to get the numbers up. Cheers, really kind of you to comment.

    ReplyDelete