Tuesday 10 September 2013

St. Augustine's Chicken Wings

I went to St. Augustine on Commercial Drive earlier today to try their wings. On wingnbeer.com their wings were rated as the 8th best in Vancouver. If there are only 7 places that are better then the next posts might be chicken wing recipes.

They were alright, a bit crispy and not very hot. The hot sauce was tangy at best, the wings were a decent size but a little over cooked. I went for the buttermilk and blue cheese dip to go with it, not really my thing, I preferred them with just the hot sauce. They did get better with the more I ate, and the 'Gigantic IPA' wen't down very well. I love the bar. As bars on Commercial go its right up there and well worth a visit, however maybe go for something else on the menu.

Price $11 ($2 off on Tuesday)

.

2 comments:

  1. I would never have guessed 'wings' ... I would have guessed 'ribs'! A mother just never knows...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ribs are a little to expensive to be trying in multiple bars across North America. A bit more filling and there isn't quite the same rib culture here as there is wings culture.

    ReplyDelete